Thursday, October 13, 2011

Accounting test

Being a student who took accounting in high school, when I saw that it was part of my schedule for my first semester in college I thought it was going to be an easy A. After my first test unfortunately I was sadly mistaken, much like many of my fellow peers who also took accouting in high school. "The test was much more harder than I expected, I figured since I took accounting in high school I'd have a big advantage but I was mistaken," said my fellow classmate Max Dizon. Other students seemed to follow this trend such as my fellow peer Caroline McGaan who said, " I shouldve taken our professors advice and studied the recommened four hours." Even though many students are coming in with accounting experience we have all come to realize college is a different ball game and we must prepare and study just as hard as we would if we had zero accounting experience. Some students, such as Tom Barricelli, who took professors advice and studied for four hours had much of an easier time with the exam. When asked he said, "The four hours of studying was definitely worth it beacuse it prepared me extremely well for the test." This was reflected in his grade because Tom was one of the students to get a higher grade on the test in the class. Ive taken this first test as a learning experience and a chance to grow and do better next time. Instead of relying on knowledge I gained in high school, I will take my professors advice and study the recommended four hours before I take the test.     

By: Freddy Cepeda

No comments:

Post a Comment